What is a Household Manager?
A Household Manager assists with the daily tasks related to the management of a complex, formal or multi-staffed household. The profile of a Household Manager will vary depending on the individual candidate and the needs of the household. A Household Manager usually does not have formal training, but typically has previously worked in a related professional field or in a previous position as a Household Manager.
What are the responsibilities of a Household
- Booking travel arrangements
- Maintaining household security
- Running errands
- Managing the household calendar
- Performing bookkeeping and/or accounting tasks
- Planning and directing special events
- Managing special projects
- Hiring and overseeing other household staff
A strong educational background in addition to computer and accounting skills are commonly required.
What is the salary range for a Household Manager?
Salary is usually based on two factors: the amount of experience the candidate brings to the position and the duties and hours included in the job description. Household Managers generally earn between $800 and $2,000 per month, plus benefits.